Thank you so much for an amazing first few weeks of Unpossible!
TONS OF IMPROVEMENTS! Here's the new stuff:
- VROOOM! Performance out the wazoo. If we told you all we did to make this happen, you would totally fall asleep. It's way cool though. We might do a blog post about it. Or even a conference talk.
- Guess what those performance improvements mean? Yup, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th gen support!
- Faster load times. Who wants to wait around forever? Not us - play sooner!
- Told the the level-changomatic-arrows not to show up on screen so fast when a game ends. They kept jumping in the way of people trying to play again. They've been warned.
- There are some amazing players out there that, through insanely impressive high scores, found a crash in the Daily levels. Since the crash only happens at really high scores, this didn't impact many people. However, it's really, really bad for those who found it. Imagine playing one game of Unpossible for 10 minutes only to have it crash on you. Sad now, aren't you? Yeah, we know and we're really sorry. We fixed it. Bug squished.
- Your high scores now sync with the magic in the sky better. There was a bug before where if you scored a high score, closed the game, opened a bunch of other stuff so that the device completely shut down Unpossible, then relaunched Unpossible (on some device types), the saved data for your high scores would get wiped. Yup, that happened. It took millions of games from all your players to find it, but it happened. We used some duct tape and a shoe horn to stop that. If you find any other crazy, unpossible to find bugs, let us know. (Or don't. We lost some hair over this one.)
- You now earn the Daily-Septa Futile & Ultra achievements how you're supposed to. If you managed to nab them before, good on ya. Let's just say they're more challenging now.
- Secret tweaks somewhere in the level building magic
- More level tweaks for super-amazing players. Try to get past an hour now in Simplicity. We dare you.
- Sliced & diced the songs so that they now flow all super awesome-like. Silence is not golden. It's boring. No more silence.
- Supercharged the device detect-o-matic stuff to make sure the right graphics features are turned on for the right devices.
- News! Find out what's going on from the north, the east, the west, and the south.
- Turned up the main scene light by 16.38418079096%. Because, you know, it's good to be able to see.
- Oh my. The achievement banner was way messed up on the iPhone 4S. It's now kicked back into place.
- The video sharing stuff was spewing some clipped app links. No more.
- Put four times the pixels in the splash screen for the new iPads. That's a lot of dots.
- Apparently some people people call this game Umpossible. With an M. Or even Unimpossible. Why? Stop it. Please. Unpossible. Spread the word.